“Watersmeet Township is governed by the United States Constitution, and the Constitution of the Sovereign State of Michigan, and further does not recognize any foreign initiative such as United Nations Agenda 21 as it pertains to private property rights. “
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION
- Formulate and adopt a Master Plan for the Township’s land use development and preservation.
- Maintain and update the Watersmeet Township Zoning Ordinance.
- Review site plans for all major developments in the township and make recommendations.
- Review all zoning change requests and special use requests.
PLANNING COMMISSION SCHEDULED MEETINGS
Regular meetings are usually held on the second (2nd) Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Watersmeet Community Center.
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS
Pete Peterson – Chairperson
Jeff Zelinski – Vice-Chair
Paul Kemppainen – Secretary
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ZONING ADMINISTRATOR
- Receive applications for land use permits and issue or deny the same.
- Inspect buildings or structures to determine compliance with the land use permits issued.
- Enforce the Watersmeet Township Zoning Ordinance.
906-358-4501 Ext 12
P.O. Box 306
Watersmeet, MI 4996
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
The Zoning Board of Appeals conducts hearings for property owners or prospective buyers requesting a variance or deviation from the Watersmeet Township Zoning Ordinance or an interpretation of the ordinance language. An application and supporting documentation must be submitted. The ZBA will only grant variances in the rarest situations as the zoning regulations are intended to protect the general health, safety, and welfare of the township.
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS MEMBERS
Julie Mathiesen – Chairperson
Cheryl Pytlarz – Alternate
Ed Casey – Alternate